BASIS-RAMPS UK has been formed as a company limited by gurantee by the main importers of Metallic Phosphides in the UK along with distributors and other interested parties to deliver the following outputs:
- The establishment and continuation of RAMPS UK comprising of a committed cross industry group responsible for the development and delivery of the safe and controlled use and supply of phosphine.
- A communication strategy to promote the uptake and compliance to current and future requirements and help affected groups meet and adhere to external standards set under legislation.
- Development and implementation of a code of best practice for use of phosphine, including operator training and certification by assisting in the development of a recognised and certificated qualification based on the need to prove user competence.
- To ensure by means of independent audit that distributors are able to meet the requirements for storage and distribution of the product and that they ensure that the sale of the product goes to end users who hold an approved certificate in its use or to other stores who also meet the requirements of storage and distribution.
- To make information on legislative changes and compliance available to stockists and users of metallic phosphides.
- To provide information to emergency services in cases of accidental release or misuse of the products.
- Challenge changes in use and legislation on behalf of the (UK) industry to ensure the continued and sustainable use of the products.